For over three decades, McAllister Technical Services has provided quality cryogenic, surface-science, and ultra-high vacuum equipment for commercial and scientific applications world-wide. We pride ourselves on serving the individual needs of each customer. We are located in the family-friendly community of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho where lakes and outdoor recreation opportunities abound.
CNC Lathe Programmer / Machinist
This position is responsible for the Programming, Set-up and Operation of production CNC machining jobs for Haas SL-30 turning centers. This job will include various materials including 6061 aluminum, 300-series stainless steel, brass and refractory metals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce high quality programs, for medium to high complexity parts
- Document the manufacturing process with detailed set-up sheets and instructions
- Help select cutting tools to balance cycle time and tool life with cutting performance and overall cost
- Set-up Haas SL30 lathe and Haas VF3 vertical mills without assistance and teach others
- Troubleshoot and solve CNC machining problems
- Provide training and assistance to CNC Machine Operators
- Review 3D models review for details and discrepancies and make suggestions for easier manufacturing
- Provide appropriate data for business reporting
- Take a leadership role in improving processes and work under minimal supervision.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Requirements for this position:
- 5+ years of programming complex CNC milled parts, both 3 and 4 axis as well as CNC Lathe with live tooling
- Most CAM software experience will be considered, however, MasterCAM experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good general computer skills
- Must have their own hand tools
- UHV ecperience is a plus
We offer excellent compensation, plus benefits:
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Employer-paid medical and dental.
- Employer provides matching funds for IRA.
When applying, be sure to provide detailed description of your pertinent work history. Please send your work history / resume as plain text in the body of an email, or as a PDF file. Please do not send other formats. No phone calls, please.