Hat Washers (1)View products
Chamber Accessories (15)View products
Sample Holders--Transfer Devices (8)View products
Probe Stations (4)View products
Gas Sources (3)View products
Evaporators (4)View products
Controls & Automation (6)View products
Kelvin Probes (12)View products
Manipulators (45)View products
McAllister Technical Services (MTS) was founded in Berkeley, California in 1981. At that time, most scientific equipment was over-priced and not really flexible enough to meet science’s ever changing needs. From the very first day, our objective has been to offer the scientific community an alternative to that inflexibility. Our goal has been to offer top quality, genuinely innovative scientific equipment, custom devices and gizmos at a fair price. The scientific community agreed for we have expanded. As we grew, the goal has always been Service(s), just like the name.
We never compromise quality for affordability. You will find that our products are much more affordable than our leading competitors and we offer the best customization options for specific surface analytical instruments.
The scientific community, while dispersed worldwide, is basically small. It is, therefore, unnecessary for a business to be located in a major metropolitan area in order to provide service. After nine years of dealing with increasing traffic, spiraling housing costs, congestion and an unresponsive city government, it was time for a change. This change was aided by the widespread growth of fax and other electronic communication media as well as the growth of parcel delivery services nationwide. So, in the summer of 1990, MTS moved to Coeur d’Alene in northern Idaho’s beautiful Kootenai County.
- Except as stated below regarding expendable items, products manufactured by McALLISTER TECHNICAL SERVICES (“MTS”) are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of shipment from MTS to the buyer. Expendable items such as heaters, filaments, seals, etc., by their nature may not function for one year. If expendable items fail to give reasonable service for a reasonable period of time, as determined solely by MTS, they will be repaired or replaced by MTS at its election.
- This warranty applies only to valid warranty claims received by MTS within the applicable warranty period regarding parts manufactured, and labor provided, by MTS. The buyer must notify MTS of any defect, malfunction, or nonconformity promptly upon discovery.
- Liability under this warranty is expressly limited to replacement or repair (at MTS’s option) of defective parts returned prepaid to MTS. MTS may at any time discharge its warranty as to any of its products by refunding the purchase price and taking back the products.
- All warranty replacement or repair of parts shall be limited to equipment malfunctions which, in the sole option of MTS, are due or traceable to defects in original materials or workmanship. Any modification to the product by the buyer or their agent voids this warranty. Malfunctions caused by abuse or neglect of equipment, accident, or by parts not manufactured by MTS are expressly not covered by this warranty.
- MTS expressly disclaims responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the use of its products other than in accordance with proper operating and safety procedures. Reasonable care must be taken by the user to avoid hazards.
- In-warranty repairs or replacement parts are warranted only for the remaining unexpired portion of the original warranty period applicable to the parts which were repaired or replaced.
- After expiration of the applicable warranty period, the buyer shall be charged for any repairs or replacements made by MTS at its then current prices for parts, labor, and transportation.
- This express warranty is in lieu of any and all other warranties. Except as stated herein, MTS makes no warranty, express or implied (either in fact or by operation of law), statutory or otherwise; and MTS shall have no liability for special or consequential damages of any kind or from any cause arising out of the sale, installation, or use of any of its products. Statements made by any person, including representatives of MTS, which are inconsistent or in conflict with the terms of this warranty shall not be binding upon MTS unless reduced to writing and approved by an officer of MTS.
- MTS reserves the right to make changes or improvements in its products without incurring any obligation to similarly alter products previously purchased.
- If the buyer and MTS disagree over either’s performance under the terms of this warranty, the buyer may submit the matter for resolution to arbitration before an arbitrator agreed upon by both parties; and if no agreement is reached, then the dispute shall be submitted to arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.